Administrators can upload their patrons (members) into the PoolPass software in bulk.
Here is how
- Get your member list ready for upload.
- A properly formatted CSV (comma separated value) file is need to import members. Most spreadsheet apps and property management software can export/save a file in CSV format.
- The first line of the file must be the column headers.
- Refer to the below table for column format.
- Download our blank or sample CSV files to use as a template. (see below to download)
- Click OPERATIONS
- Click VALIDATE IMPORT FILE (optional step)
- Reformat file if validation fails
- Click IMPORT MEMBERS
How are members grouped together in the same membership?
The MEMBERSHIP_ID is what is used to group members (patrons) together in the same membership (household). In the below example, Frank & Steven are grouped together into the same household (10002).
What are the required fields?
- If you don't know the DOB, use 1/1/1900
Other requirements & tips
- There can not be two exact names with the same exact MEMBERSHP_ID.
- There can not be two members with the same BARCODE.
- Text fields may contain commas and carriage returns but must be surrounded by double quotes.
- Most spreadsheet apps do this automatically. If not, delete the commas or add double quotes.
- To add more than one email, separate with semicolons.
- Date field format must be YYY-MM-DD or MM/DD/YYY (all numeric).
- Boolean (truth filed): A truth value must be "true", "yes", "1", or "x" and falsely must be left blank or have a value or "false", "no" or "0" (all case insensitive).